Skip to main content

Featured

Demons and Monsters

The moon is light for the night and the sun is for the day. Demons and Monsters lurk both times. It is never enough; human blood I mean, so they take, take, take till there's nothing left but a hollowness that can't be filled with anything but grace. These demons are the literal demons with horns and Monsters with sharp teeth they use to tear their victims asunder. But some demons and monsters are hidden in plain sight, you won't know till they've infiltrated you. And sometimes, even after they do, you still might not know. These demons and monsters are also the humans whom they've possessed to do their bidding here on earth. The 'humans' who pull down rather than build, who hurt rather than heal; it's not their fault mind you. Something else is at work within that we on the outside cannot perceive. But they must push it out. So, who is a demon or a monster?  It is someone who has discerned grace but has refused to embrace it. ©Oracle๐ŸŒน

IT'S NOT OVER YET


My feet is void of any footwear as I walk through the deserted alleyway, moist from the previous night's shower.


My tattered clothes cling to me like a second skin.


I look up at the sky.


'It'll probably rain today as well.' I thought.


I can tell from the storm clouds that lay overhead.


I will my legs to move faster—even though they are groaning from sheer exhaustion. But I keep moving forward.


I walk past a few 'hobos' that nestle beside refuse dumps that are already full to the brim and overflowing.


These parts are where most people never talk about—the parts banished in the dark, away from the light; where normal people live.


This wasn't a place for  'normal'


Normal people my age roam free; full of life living in beautiful warm houses, where there was enough food to eat and clean clothes to wear. 


My name is Amanda—homeless, orphaned...miserable.


I have two siblings to feed and take care of. 


Our parents died two years ago and I've been taking care of them ever since.


But how can I take care of my siblings, when I barely have enough to take care of myself? 


The sour question always plagues me.


But I try.


I let out a tired sigh and open the huge door that leads to an even bigger quarter.


Men, women and children are scattered all over and since it is freezing due to the rain that fell the night before, fires have been lit in the confined metal-containers.


"Amanda!"


I hear my little brother and sister scream as they rush towards me.


A small, tired smile spread on my lips. 


I am home.


They both hug me. I can feel their bony arms around me and it brings tears to my eyes.


I pull away from them and subtly wipe the tears.


"Here, I got you guys a new pair of shoes, " I take the worn-out shoes out of the torn nylon bag in my hand and put it on the floor.


They squeal with glee and hug me tight.


"Thanks, sis, I'm sure they'll fit, " Bryan, the younger of the two, says.


"Yeah Amanda, you're the best. We love you!" Lola, the older, says.


They both untangle themselves from me and leave to play.


I let out a breath.


I walk briskly to another section where I know he'll be waiting.


I see him from afar and my heart race.


His back is to me and I make sure not to make a sound as I stand behind him.


I let out a silent breath and cover his eyes from behind.


He chuckles, already knowing who it is.


"Amanda, " he says and he gently removes my hands and turns to face me.


I smile shyly up at him.


He smiles back looking into my eyes.


His eyes are intense and I know what that look means, but I'm not ready.


"Come on Amanda, " he wraps his arms around my small frame trying to cajole me.


"Not yet, " I told him quietly.


He only smiles and nods.


"Okay, "


He let me go and we both settle on a thick metal railing near the front, close to the train tracks.


An abandoned train station is near the shelter where we stay.


We always go there to be alone.


Silence passes between us for a moment and we just enjoy the moment together.


He looks at me—his blue eyes a stark contrast to his dirt-covered face and tattered combat pants.


He looks down before he begins.


"Have you ever thought of leaving, Amanda, leaving this life?" Christian says quietly.


I am silent for a while, not because I didn't know the answer, but because I am ashamed of it.


"Yes, " I let out quietly.


Christian let out a sigh, he isn't surprised.


"But why don't you?"


I wrap my hands around myself, feeling the cold seep into my bony skin.


I sigh.


"You know, my parents before they died..." I start, but pause—thinking about them makes me sad.


They died horrible deaths in a freak car accident.


The truck driver had been drunk.


I let out another sigh.


But there is one thing I can never forget. Something they always told me—


"They told me, 'Heavy is the head that wears the crown',"

I sigh.

"Well, mine is so heavy, I've been crushed from the sheer weight of it, "


Taking care of my younger siblings has been hell on earth.


I raise my head and look at him, the man who never fails to put a smile on my pale face.


"I need an escape," I say resolutely after a passing moment.


His blues eyes widened and then they softened as he stares into my stormy grey ones.


He looks down and holds my thin wrist in his.


"Why don't we escape together?" he looks into my eyes and flashes me that billion-dollar smile.


"With Bryan and Lola of course, " he chuckles once he sees my surprised expression.


A small smile spread on my lips as I lean on his shoulder.


"I'd like that, " I whisper, closing my eyes.


And for a fleeting moment, I feel like tomorrow will somehow be better.


That the stars will somehow shine brighter.



©Oracle.

.

.

.

Author's note: Hey guys! It's been a while.

Here's a prompt of mine, I wrote on. 

'They told me, 'Heavy is the head that wears the crown'.

Well, mine is so heavy,  I've been crushed from the sheer weight of it.

I need an escape'

What do you guys think?๐Ÿ˜Š☺๐ŸŒน❤

And oh, don't forget to follow and subscribe!๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ❤๐ŸŒน☺๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜‰














Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts